主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2023-12-13 12:58:21 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
If you search online you will be able to find all kinds of different hints and model train tips, from how to choose the right model train scale, to how to create realistic looking model train scenery. In this article I am going to bring some of the lesser known tips to your attention though. Now, in the introduction I mentioned model train scale and by typing those words into any search engine it's relatively simple to find tips as to how to determine model train scale and what the difference is between scale and model train gauges.

However, do you know what the implications Telegram Number Data of these size differences are? Now I'm not talking about the fact that different scales can't be used together (well, not without modification, but that's a different whole different story. Instead, I'm talking about a consideration that is rarely thought about with much level of detail by newcomers to model railway building, which is the curve radius or your model railway trains. More importantly, I want to look at how to avoid derailment, which let's face it, is an extremely frustrating problem. It comes down to calculating the tightest turning circle available that allows the locomotives and carriages to get round safely.

A simple guide for this is that the layout width must equal at least the minimum turning circle your train can make without derailment. For example, in HO a tight 180 degree turnaround takes 86cm / 34", whereas on a TT scale model railways, a tight 180 degree turnaround takes only 53.4cm / 21". Another tip that I feel is worth mentioning here is that many people who are new to model railroading (and even some experienced ones too!) are unaware that model train track curves can be bought with different radii, with track pieces possibly be available in 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degree arcs, depending on manufacturer.

回复

使用道具 举报

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 14:46 , Processed in 0.093750 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2020 Powered by Discuz! X3.3. program By 手游私服 版权所有

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表